Home |  General Information |  Fishing Licences |  Coarse Fish Descriptions |  Coarse Fishing
Baits & Attractants |  Game Fish Descriptions | Game Fishing |  Fly Fishing |  Spinning
Tackle Insurance |  Features |  Links |  Sea Fish Descriptions |  Sea Fishing |  Piers and Breakwaters
Outdoor Clothing |  Free Fishing Europe |  Fishing Books |  Free Fishing Catalogues |  Classified Ads
Directory |  Contact Us |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map



UK Free Fishing Directory by County

Information and features about free fishing locations

DoFreeFishing E-Petition

Our E-Petition States:

Increase 'free of charge' fishing areas for Environment Agency Rod Licence holders and children on Environment Agency / British Waterways controlled waters to at least 50% of all publicly accessible river & canal banks, where private land owner's riparian rights or boat moorings are not infringed or hindered.


Fishing Licences - Buy on line

Any angler in the UK, aged 12 years or over, fishing for salmon, trout, freshwater fish or eels in England (except the River Tweed), Wales or the Border Esk and its tributaries in Scotland must have an Environment Agency rod fishing licence. All annual rod fishing licences expire at midnight on the 31st March each year.

There are two types of fishing licence: one for coarse fishing and non migratory trout and a second that includes salmon and sea trout.

Money from the sale of fishing licences helps to fund the work of the Environment Agency; managing the fisheries and environment where we fish.

Enforcement of the National rod fishing licence is an important part of the Environment Agencies work. If you are caught fishing without a rod licence, you are cheating on other responsible anglers and could be liable to a fine of up to £2,500.

There are different rod fishing licences for different anglers: full licences (from 17 to 64 years of age), junior licences (from 12 to 16 years of age), 8-day licences and 1-day licences.

There are concessionary licences for Blue Badge holders and another licences for people aged 65 or over. There is also a Welsh / English bilingual licence.

If you have got a Blue Badge your licence is half price - Just take your Blue Badge to the post office and purcase your licence there. You cannot buy this type of licence from the Environment Agency web site.

UK Post Offices sell all the types of rod licence available and those in Wales issue bilingual licences.

Children under 12 years of age do not require a rod fishing licence.

Full and Concessionary rod licences expire on 31st March

Failure to provide a valid Environment Agency rod licence may result in a prosecution (maximum fine £2,500)


There is no free fishing information available on this page - we are endeavouring to find as much free fishing for you as possible.

If you know of any free fishing in your area - Please let us know.

If you wish to contribute a feature for this site - We are looking for content of 200 words or more to do with any aspect of fishing - We would like to publish your photos too!

Links Exchange we will be pleased to exchange web-links with anyone who has a web site that is anything to do with fishing - Contact us with details.



Fishing related businesses

Get your details listed in our Directory

Drop us an email providing the details you would like entered into the directory or alternatively write using the address details below.

You do not need to have a website to get listed.

Back to Top

Owned & Operated By: JeGraNet.com   Copyright 2005 - 2012, All rights reserved